Saturday, August 18, 2012

Quote Love #1


I love quotes! I love songs with lyrics that mean something to me! I have scraps upon scraps of paper in my ephemera drawer with quotes and lyrics on them. The problem with that? I can never find anything when I WANT it. EVER!

I am truly a disorganized mess when it comes to "micro-organizing". Sure, all my art supplies have a place and I am pretty good at keeping everything in its place, mostly. But it's the little things that get me, the words, letters, and pictures cut from magazines that I want to work with. My scraps of quotes in a drawer.

So, this is my attempt at organizing my favorite quotes. I am adding a few here and there to this post until it gets big enough and then I will make more. Once I see what I have, perhaps I can move onto organizing them by topic, but... baby steps.

So, my first quote...

Life is not about learning to survive the storm, but rather, learning to dance in the rain.
-Author Unknown

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

  1. Both great quotes! I need a system too, I never remember to write down quotes in the first place so it's hard to think of the ones I like when I'm ready to use them for something...

    ReplyDelete